Checklist page

65xx

I really miss the checklist pages I had on my D-180. Any idea when checklist pages will be available on the SV? Dan

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Because everybody seems to be carrying around tablets these days, it's admittedly gone down the list. Our experience (from checking in on D10/D100 series repair units) was that it wasn't a very oft-used feature. That's not a "never", but, it's not the highest priority.

mmarien

Murray M.
I'm one of those guys that need to adhere to a checklist or I would probably bust something or lose a passenger (Item 1: belts and canopies). In addition, the technology in my plane changes enough that I revamp the checklist every annual and sometimes tweak it between annuals. A couple of good reasons for an digital version although Office Depot is happy to see me every spring to laminate my latest checklist.

What would be comforting would be to have emergency checklists quickly available rather than looking for and then searching through the POH. Having the option of viewing a context sensitive checklist when a warning or caution condition exists is something a tablet can't do.

preid

Sounds like, the no longer available, Vertical Power-VP-200.
Does all this and datalogging too ;)

johnsteichen

I use the yellow notes app on my ipad. It is free, easily editable. No need to use one of those apps that charge you $20 for checklists that contain all those checklists on certified aircraft that you will never fly with your skyview. I have a dedicated $300 mini ipad that contains foreflight with AIRWAYS, MAPS, approach plates, my CHECKList and various favorite weather sites.  this is velcroed right to my panel next to the radio stack.
I find having absolutely everything on the same Dynon map page to be confusing, and I really enjoy several various displays ( ergo  ipad ) that allows a dedicated display for various information groupings.

TRCsmith

If I remember correctly, back in the old days pilots carried paper checklist. I may be dating myself but I still use them in my Long EZ.  You read the first page once completed you flip over to the next page.  No battery's or solar cells required.      I never used the checklist in my D100 nor would I use them in my SV if it had them. One other note, if my GPS quit working I still know how to navigate using VOR's and ground reference. I carry a paper map, I know, cool.

jeffa

If I remember correctly, back in the old days pilots carried paper checklist. I may be dating myself but I still use them in my Long EZ.  You read the first page once completed you flip over to the next page.  No battery's or solar cells required.      I never used the checklist in my D100 nor would I use them in my SV if it had them. One other note, if my GPS quit working I still know how to navigate using VOR's and ground reference. I carry a paper map, I know, cool.

Ya, where's that thumbs-up icon when you need it? Paper all the way....Word document, landscape mode, three columns, folded in thirds....works great! ;D

TRCsmith

Paper?  what is that?  Paper map, how do you zoom in?

To zoom in I carry 3 sets of glasses. depending on zoom level I want. Dam, now where did I put them?????

To update, just write in a new date, or send money using paypal and wait outside by mail box. ;)

NASA515

I love flying!
"Because everybody seems to be carrying around tablets these days, it's admittedly gone down the list. "

Count me as one of the neanderthals without a tablet. Actually, as I explored avionics options for my airplane, deep-sixing everything in favor of an I-Pad was one near the top. And mounting it somehow. And working some of the sunlight issues.

It was certainly the cheaper way to go. But I decided that rather than mount a tablet, or have it floating around the cockpit, I'd have my tablet screwed right onto the panel. And someone made a dandy one - it's called Skyview......

I have a laminated Checklist, but was surprised to go flying with a buddy who has the D-180 system to see his checklist on the panel. And he was surprised that Skyview - especially with all the extra screen real estate - didn't have it. He thought it was buried in the menu system somewhere. I thought he was right, but, turns out - no Checklist.

The newer Boeings and Airbuses have them - they're even keyed into the system, so when an "event" occurs, you get fed right into the appropriate checklist. I would have thought this was right up Dynon's Alley.

The beauty of an EFIS system is getting rid of the "stuff" in the cockpit - stuff like maps, and tablets, and smart phones for wx info, and ..... checklists.

Sign this neanderthal up for moving checklists up on your To-Do List.

Bob Bogash
N737G

jnmeade

I want checklists on the SV and am surprised they are not there. I used them on the EFIS on my T210 and liked them a lot. Please move them up the list. I don't want them on the iPad or tablet.

paul330

I fly big pax aircraft and have used both paper and electronic checklists. To be honest, I'd say that for a relatively simple GA aircraft, the electronic checklist is an unnecessary complication.

airguy

I fly big pax aircraft and have used both paper and electronic checklists. To be honest, I'd say that for a relatively simple GA aircraft, the electronic checklist is an unnecessary complication.

In general I would agree with Paul - but we need to remember that not all pilots are made equally. There's an average, an upper, and a lower. Some people need checklists to fly a kite. Still, I think the printed and laminated paper checklist would be the best option for those wanting one. That takes care of you "must have" items for a safe flight, the rest is button-pushing which is "nice to have".

Ken_Kopp

Because everybody seems to be carrying around tablets these days, it's admittedly gone down the list. Our experience (from checking in on D10/D100 series repair units) was that it wasn't a very oft-used feature. That's not a "never", but, it's not the highest priority.

great decision...