Contact Setup for Canopy

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
I am testing the canopy wiring and setup before installing. I have a microswitch attached to pin 22. It is sending 12 v to the pin when the switch is open. To the same switch output I have a small warning light, recieving the 12v. The light is grounded seperatly. In the Dynon setup I have pin 22 configured as defined on page 7-81 and 82.

When I press the switch the light goes out but the widget on the screen does not change. It should turn green for no voltage. Whant am I doing wrong ?

Raymo

I love aviation!
You likely have the configuration set incorrectly. See the installation manual, page 7-70 in Rev AE. With that said, it is more typical to have the ground go through the microswitch.

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
I will switch the ground to the switch 😁 and retest. Also just recieved my new micro switches. Will try a quick test with one of them.

skysailor

You may want to consider adding the Canopy.dfg file to your system for that switch. I did that for mine. That allows you to have the canopy open a bit for taxi in the summer. The warning indication on the Skyview will show open (red in my case) but no warning audio will sound. If my RPM exceeds 1900 the "Check Canopy" audio warning message is heard. I set mine so I could do a run up but would be warned if the power came up for takeoff and the canopy were not latched. You can pick the RPM for the audio portion of the message.

Mzwijacz

I love flying!
Thanks I am just starting taxi testing after condition inspection this weekend. It's been a long road. I'm doing without the lights right now and using the Skyview EMS indications and warnings. I may add the lights connected to micro-controller (Esp32) later.

skysailor

Dynon will send it to you if you email them through Support. I have attached it to this post. Mine is set for 1900 RPM as mentioned but it is just a text file so you can make it a different value if you choose by editing the file in any text editor. I put the value on the file name as a reminder.

Attachments

• canopy_1900.dfg.txt
    22 bytes · Views: 208