That’s perfect - thank you!D10a/d100 will work with all ARINC -429 connections as long as you use an HS34. I have a wiring schematic for a 175 to D100 via HS 34 that i will attach down below for you.
Correct.One question, Garmin calls out 18 AWG power and ground (see screen shot). Since the HD connector and pins can only accept 22 AWG, my assumption is I run 18 AWG to the connector and then splice in 22 AWG and break it out to the 3 power and ground pins. Does this sound about right?
Thanks for the reply very helpful, in my case I have the aera 760 on pin 1 of the male DB25 on the HS 34 and the SL30 on pins 2 & 15. If I connect the 175 via the 429 then I believe I would be able to cycle the HSI between the 175, the 760, and the SL30 nav sources. The 760 is also connected to the TT AP via RS 232 and I would leave that connection in place to have a backup lateral GPS nav capability if the 175 failed for some reason. Make sense?Generally, we'd recommend using the ARINC for the 175 into the HS34. The serial data won't be as robust, and it would be treated as a different HSI source entirely. On the SkyView side (which isn't you), we use the serial from some GPS navigators to complete the "3d" position solution that is used for things like mapping and synthetic vision. But that isn't needed/applicable for the HS34.