Dynon Checklist Editor

362PC

andresmith76

I love flying!
Stanislaw -

What you have created and fine-tuned has made a HUGE improvement in creating and editing our checklists. I very much appreciate your efforts, while listening, accepting & implementing other people's suggestions on this forum. Thank you for a job well done!

HUGE improvement
Thank you! Initially, my goal was to create a user-friendly tool for my personal use, but I'm delighted that you find it useful and believe it could benefit the community as well.

In the latest version, I've introduced a new feature: a button that allows you to toggle between using uppercase letters exclusively or not. You can switch this option on or off according to your preference.

Additionally, I've implemented automatic scrolling for the Raw Code and Preview boxes. While it's not flawless, it should now make it easier to visualize the actual changes.

Thank you for your support and feedback.

PS: ASCII sounds stupid, but you can actually create useful diagrams :) :

Last edited:

soarhead

Hi Stan

Thanks for being so patient and willing to help for those of us with a Mac. I just tried your newly amended editor. The save function didn't work with Safari or Firefox but worked perfectly with Chrome. That may be how the browsers are configured, I'm not really sure. Your editor makes very simple work of creating or editing checklists. Thanks again. Very much appreciated!

kurtfly

I love flying!
Thanks for making this.

BTW, it will not save if using Firefox? Clicking "Save Checklist" does nothing.
Works good with MS Edge.

Kurt

Gattsama

Hi! Well, I thought lowercase is harder to read in the cockpit. But there is no problem with removing that limitation. I'll do it.

The alignment should be correct. The only thing the script does is to remove leading spaces, which are ignored by Skyview. So if you have something like this:

Code:
[Before start]
Master - on
            - verify
Generator - 1 check
                    2 check

...this will be changed to

Code:
[Before start]
Master - on
- verify
Generator - 1 check
2 check

What can be done in such a case is f/e to insert a dot first, f/e:

Code:
[Before start]
Master - on
.          - verify
Generator - 1 check
.                  2 check

Using this method, you can even insert ASCII images into your checklist.

image.png

Can you share those line items with spaces or post them here? Would love to add but being lazy :) So far like the web app, made my list but wont be able to try it out in the plane until this weekend. Going to make a checklist.txt for the Dynon and manually enter the same into the IFD540 and see which I like better (maybe keep both 🤷‍♀️).

d3mac123

I also created a checklist for my HDX but did not like it much as you can only read the tasks, not interact with them. I am working on a small display (check it here
- you can go directly to the checklist part if you are in a hurry) to address the task management. Maybe I will add the ability to use the file generated for the Dynon displays as a data source (as of now, I created a new file just for that).

Let me know your thoughts.

KRichcreek

Tried using the Excel based checklist editor but when I go to save it I get an error screen with a "run-time error". Excel works fine for any other document on my Mac.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 1.17.20 PM.png

Tried saving it as a text file and I also get an error message that it cannot save it because it contains multiple pages.

Screenshot 2024-03-10 at 1.22.34 PM.png

Help please