Kavlico sensor question... KAV vs Dynon part numbers

Maccool

Replaced my EFIS (AFS 400o series -> 5400 series). My fuel pressure and oil pressure sensors (IO-320) are Kavlico 41,101 (0-50) and 41,301 (0-150) respectively.

Am I correct that those sensors translate to Kavlico Dynon part number 101716-000 for the fuel pressure sensor and 101693-000, which is apparently what I will expect to see in the configuration menu?

Thanks

Raymo

I love aviation!
Last year Dynon and others began offering a single sensor for both fuel and oil that is less prone to leaking, as some have. It is also more sensitive/accurate.

103757-000 (0-150)

Maccool

Yeh...I saw that, thanks. Something to be aware of for the future, but right now I'm not looking to replace those two sensors. I presume that these older ones will work OK, but want to make sure I get the sensor type entered correctly in the menu. The older EFIS used Kavlico part numbers in the drop-down menus, the EFIS I just installed in its place uses Dynon part numbers.

ETA:

I wasn't aware that AFS (don't know about Dynon) issued a service bulletin on this sensor issue. Advanced Flight Systems just sent me this, FYI. They used the F-word, which kind of puts a different spin on it.

https://www.advancedflightsystems.com/service-bulletin-050620a.php

Last edited:

RV8JD

I wasn't aware that AFS (don't know about Dynon) issued a service bulletin on this sensor issue. Advanced Flight Systems just sent me this, FYI. They used the F-word, which kind of puts a different spin on it.

https://www.advancedflightsystems.com/service-bulletin-050620a.php

Yes, Dynon issued an SB, as well as Garmin.

Dynon SB site below. With Dynon, you can sign up for notifications of SBs at the site listed below also.

AFS SB site:

Last edited:

Maccool

I did order a couple of those 103757-000 sensors. Do they use the same harness as the older sensors...101716-000 and 101693-000? Justt plumb them and plug them in?

Jaque

The new replacement sensor 103757 is not in the latest sensor input selections. Do you have to do a custom?

Stevec

Have another look I have recently replace my sensor with the one you have and it was definitely in the latest skyview sensor list

Jaque

looking at it right now and its not there. I have the 16+ firmware just installed.
I have the Kavlico 6-150 psi 101693 selected for now but haven’t run it yet.

Jaque

I loaded the “update” and may have missed the EMS module. I’ll give it another crack

RV8JD

The selection screen looks like this. You may have to scroll down to find the right sensor. Don't pick the "DIFF" sensor!

i-B5kc3kB-M.png

After selecting the new sensors:

i-B4KdTP8-M.png

Stevec

Just check you have the latest engine sensor definitions loaded. I believe the latest version is 68996. This is a separate file to load and is not contained within the skyview update.

Jaque

Yup, found it after playing around a bit more. You’re correct, the sensor definition file shows up in the “load files” subdirectory along side the 16.2.4 Skyview update file. The Dynon update page says the EMS update is included but doesn’t say you have to load it separately.
All set up with the new sensor.
Thanks all.

kevineldredge

Support website shows the download of sensor definition unavailable? How can I get sensor definition for Kalvico V2 150?

Rhino

All software downloads are temporarily disabled. Apparently they're doing an update or something.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It's actually just the sensor file that has a problem (it ran over an internal limit that makes the last entry unusable). So it, and the packages, are unavailable, but the stand-alone software update still is. Here is the previous sensor file, which is identical except for some UL Power support that the latest update added.

Attachments

• sensor_68996.sfg
    56 KB · Views: 59