No top line ZULU or LOCAL time on recent flight

BMW_X6M

RV-9A O-320 Catto Prop. Dual HDX, ADSB GTN650
I have dual HDX displays using the old Dynon GPS receiver.
This past weekend I had no top line time on either display. I checked that the reception of the GPS was good. This is the first time I have ever seen this issue in over six years of flying.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Yes, please contact our support team. We believe some early GPS receivers are affected by the GPS rollover that recently occurred.

BMW_X6M

RV-9A O-320 Catto Prop. Dual HDX, ADSB GTN650
I talked to tech support today.  A software fix will be issued for those of us using the very early (before 2012) 250 GPS receivers.

Also the new SkyView software update will be released soon.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
I do have the software fix for the GPS rollover issue now available.
If you have this issue e-mail support and we will give you a link to the software.

W

William_Ince

I do have the software fix for the GPS rollover issue now available.
If you have this issue e-mail support and we will give you a link to the software.
Don,

Does that anomaly just apply to HDX? Or Classic also?

If it is applicable to Classic, I will need the patch also.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It applies to all SkyView systems. It depends on the GPS receiver you have, not the model of SkyView.

AlanR

Mine was purchased in 2015 and was affected.
The software fix soon sorted it and everything is now back to normal. :)
Thanks Dynon for the quick response to the issue!

djones

Administrator
Staff member
Just to clarify, this only is affecting SV-GPS-250 receiver / antenna units that were manufactured before the 2012 / 2013 time frame.  Later 250's are not affected, nor is the 2020.

GalinHdz

Just to clarify, this only is affecting SV-GPS-250 receiver / antenna units that were manufactured in the 2012 / 2013 time frame.  Later 250's are not affected, nor is the 2020.
Aww cr__p, you just described my unit. Time to contact Customer Support.

:(

Raymo

I love aviation!
I have both units (250 for backup). Will the fix be included in the next software update? I can wait for it since the 2020 is my primary GPS.

djones

Administrator
Staff member
I have both units (250 for backup). Will the fix be included in the next software update? I can wait for it since the 2020 is my primary GPS.

It will be in the next version as well as future versions going forward.

GalinHdz

Just for clarity, the software upgrade is for the SkyView system so those of us that have 2 screens must upgrade each screen individually.

:cool:

henryhallam

Lancair 360 with SV-D1000 and SV-D700
My Skyview Classic + SV-GPS-250 system is suffering from this GPS Week rollover issue. Does the 15.3.5 update that was released yesterday contain the fix or should I contact support separately?

thibault

One of my classic screens has this problem.   The other shows the time. I have one of the old GPS250 units.

Is this the same problem described above?

preid

Tom- yes I see the same- but if you were to pull the data logs you would see that neither really are getting the time/date info.
I had no issue on May 2nd on a flight, today however I have the same issue?? One Display has the local system time- GPS shows everything, serial 5 shows RX hits and good with no errors on both displays- everything in navigation works but then when I pulled the data logs for the flight I see "UNKNOWN_DATE_TIME" on both displays.
I confirmed I have 15.4.3.5287, in Network setup.
Another strange behavior, no idea why, but there is sporadic voice warnings for engine, altitude, etc.. all work flawlessly on last flight.
Support- I pulled all the data I could if a diagnostic file is needed.
I'll follow-up with a call to support on Monday- but not sure if I am the only one having this issue after the upgrade?
Thank you!