Sending Flight Plans to Skyview.

skyview_user

I love TopMeteo
"Is there anyone else here using PocketFMS?"

Yes, I'm using pocketFMS (=easyVFR). Two SV 10" displays, two wifi sticks from Dynon. Never had any issues with sending flight plans to SV's

Hi,
This is interesting...
Just to compare with what you have installed :-
What aircraft do you have?...metal? composite? tube /fabric?
Are the Skyviews touch screen or classic D1000's?
Are you using the wifi dongles with the pigtails or directly in to the Skyviews?
Whereabouts in the world are you?...Are you using EasyVfr European version?
What model/type of Tablet are you using to send the flightplans...iOS or Android?

- metal
- classic touch, no hdx
- directly
- european version
- android only, few versions, few vendors (samsung, LG, ...)

AlanR

Ok, Thanks for that.
It seems like you have a similar setup to me. The only difference being I have D1000 Skyviews and you have Touch Skyviews. So that rules out any theory that my problem is being cause by the PocketFms EasyVfr App if you have no issues transferring a flightplan.
Hmm... I am therefore back square one in trying to resolve things.:(

AlanR

Last week I flew and flightplans transfered immediately and every time.

Today:-
I started up the aircraft and tried to transfer a flightplan and got the same old problem!!!
It just hangs' Waiting for Skyview' So I waited approx 10minutes and it is still showing 'Waiting for Skyview'. I shut everything down...both Skyviews powered off. Ipad powered off and started again. I still got 'Waiting for Skyview'.
So I took off and flew for 1hour to my lunch destination and it never changed from 'Waiting for Skyview' during the one hour flight.
After lunch I went back to the aircraft and started up and it immediately changed from 'Waiting' to 'Send to Skyview.' it worked perfectly. I flew the one hour trip back home. After shutting down. I tried to send flightplans again....and each time it worked and transfered flightplans immediately and perfectly. I tried a total of 5 times and it worked perfectly...changing to 'Send to Skyview' immediately.

The same situation that I have had for two years now, have tried everything that has been suggested to me.

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't.

My patience is wearing thin! :mad: