SkyView 10 Software Released

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Loaded 10.0 yesterday after the 3rd try with 104,156 kb. Then loaded 3 states and everything worked fine. The HI, LO, and SEC info came through great  so I took the chip inside and added 4 more states. Flew up to show a friend of mine who has an MGL how great my Dynon is and none of the HI, LO, or SEC info showed up this time. I'm embarrassed and being laughed at so please help. The chip says it has a whole lot of data but its not getting through to my Dynon. All of the other changes seem to be okay.
Sorry about the issues! With the Seattle Avionics software running and the USB chip inserted into your computer, do all the little "globes" show green?

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
checked and the Definitions file is dated May 2013 on my SV.  The info in the Whats New implies Jun 2013 definitions must be loaded prior to updating with the March 2014 update to activate Pin 23.  Is this really necessary and if so where would I get the June 2013 SFG file?
We actually meant to say Jun 2013 or later. You can always download the latest EMS sensor config file here:
http://dynonavionics.com/docs/support_software_SkyView.html#sfg

Highlander1

Sorry about the issues! With the Seattle Avionics software running and the USB chip inserted into your computer, do all the little "globes" show green?

Yes all green

Gil T

L

larrynew

Then loaded 3 states and everything worked fine. The HI, LO, and SEC info came through great  so I took the chip inside and added 4 more states.

I suspect the ChartData Manager "Scanned Charts" doesn't like change. I first loaded 6 states with sectionals and IFR low and tried it in the airplane and everything worked fine. Back to the computer to add 1 state of IFR high which caused the sectionals and IFR low to disappear but the high was OK. Then I deleted the file folders for SEC and LO and reloaded. Now sectionals and IFR LO are back but high is gone. Next, I'm going to try deleting all the scanned chart folders (SEC, LO and HI) and start the downloads again without changing anything.

swatson999

Then loaded 3 states and everything worked fine. The HI, LO, and SEC info came through great  so I took the chip inside and added 4 more states.

I suspect the ChartData Manager "Scanned Charts" doesn't like change. I first loaded 6 states with sectionals and IFR low and tried it in the airplane and everything worked fine. Back to the computer to add 1 state of IFR high which caused the sectionals and IFR low to disappear but the high was OK. Then I deleted the file folders for SEC and LO and reloaded. Now sectionals and IFR LO are back but high is gone. Next, I'm going to try deleting all the scanned chart folders (SEC, LO and HI) and start the downloads again without changing anything.

It certainly isn't the best user interface ever designed. As I understand it, you select the states you want, and then which charts (SEC, IFR LOW, or IFR HI), and it looks like you can't just add some subset (that is, if you deselect some states and select others, then uncheck the charts you have and check the new ones you want, I think it deletes the ones you unselected...does that make sense?).

In any case, somebody with some actual user interface design experience should help SA out and improve their tool. Basically, it kinda sucks.

Not to mention slower than molasses in January to download data.

Hotscam

I love flying!
Installed V10 succesfully and did some flights with it. Working fine, but one minor problem. See photo
For some reason the two EGT bars got longer and the numerical text is still in the same place.
They were the same length as the EGT next to these.
We used the existing Sfg file and the settings are RV12

Jack
PH-SEP
Netherlands

Attachments

• image_025.jpg
    image_025.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 119

DonFromTX

I love flying!
OK, downloaded 10.0 and installed on SV, no problems at all.
Now (please don't make me have to read the instructions first) how do I bring up the 6 pack on the display?

Hotscam

I love flying!
Its a bit difficult to find but its thete and it works.
But you don't want to fly like the old days ?

Jac

DonFromTX

I love flying!
I doubt I will ever use it, but just wanted to see it since I thought it was a cute extra. Ya gonna tell me how to find it or not?

rfazio1951

Under the PFD heading is "mode" in mode you will see the 6 Pack, Efis and Synthetic Vision. Turn on 6 Pack and the EFIS goes off. Very simple, you can turn it on and off at will while your flying.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Installed V10 succesfully and did some flights with it. Working fine, but one minor problem. See photo
For some reason the two EGT bars got longer and the numerical text is still in the same place.

Jack
PH-SEP
Netherlands
Jack, we're looking into this and will get back to you.

DonFromTX

I love flying!
Wow that is really neat! Thanks for the help.
Under the PFD heading is "mode" in mode you will see the 6 Pack, Efis and Synthetic Vision. Turn on 6 Pack and the EFIS goes off. Very simple, you can turn it on and off at will while your flying.

BBGLASAIR

Hi all, I had no trouble downloading SV Version 10 on to a USB stick. However, Skyview will not recognise that the USB stick is inserted & "software update" is greyed out. My USB stick is formatted "exFAT", and I suspect that might be the trouble. What format should I use for SV updates? Thanks in advance Brian B

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Working fine, but one minor problem. See photo
Jack, could you please do a settings file export. Please send the exported .dfg and .sfg files to support@ attn: Paul

Edit: Also, is this happening on all versions of the EMS page? (100%, 50%, 20%)

JTD

Just up dated to 10 and all charts up dated as well. DFW class B airspace does not show min/max altitudes. Everything in map settings looks correct. any ideas

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Just up dated to 10 and all charts up dated as well. DFW class B airspace does not show min/max altitudes. Everything in map settings looks correct. any ideas
What version did you come from? Are you referring to the min/max altitudes as displayed on the map, or when you select them using the map pointer? When we added the map pointer feature in version 7.0, we made min/max altitude display on the map optional to remove clutter. You can see the altitudes by hovering over an airspace with the map pointer. To turn the constant min/max altitude display back on, go into MAP > MAP MENU > MAP ITEMS, and set AIRSPACE ALTITUDES to ON.

NASA515

I love flying!
Add me to the CHT bar extensions - all three screen sizes.

Bob Bogash
RV-12
N737G