Speed warning on D100

vikino

Hi all,
just a question, if someone can answer that. In my plane i dont have AoA pitot tube installed, but i want to enable warning on speed for ex.if speed is 40kts or less. I dont need AoA it self, just speed warn. Will it work when i connect pitot pressure to pitot and AoA port parallel together?
Thank you, Vitek

jakej

Hi all,
just a question, if someone can answer that. In my plane i dont have AoA pitot tube installed, but i want to enable warning on speed for ex.if speed is 40kts or less. I dont need AoA it self, just speed warn. Will it work when i connect pitot pressure to pitot and AoA port parallel together?
Thank you, Vitek
No - why not add the AOA/Pitot head ? It doesn’t need to be heated if cost is a factor however the advantage of that is something I wouldn’t dismiss. There are other ways to have a low speed warning which may cost enough to consider not going that way anyway. YMMV.

vikino

No - why not add the AOA/Pitot head ? It doesn’t need to be heated if cost is a factor however the advantage of that is something I wouldn’t dismiss. There are other ways to have a low speed warning which may cost enough to consider not going that way anyway. YMMV.
Because there is a problem to get another tube into wing, and there is only one, because static port is on fuselage...
Dynon can do that warning, just need to k ow if it will work when i connect pitot tube also to aoa port...

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
Hooking up pitot to AOA won't break anything, but also won't enable any speed-sensitive warning. The calibration won't work any different than if it weren't connected to anything at all (your current state).