ADSB 472

swatson999

If its going to be a while before I get a replacement 472 for my 470, does Dynon have a dummy 472 box I can get so I can move ahead with my build?  I have to change or re-build the antenna cable and dSub connector and it would be nice to have a box to mount and connect to while waiting....even a returned early 472 would help.

The connection to the 470 is the same as the 472, based on prior Dynon responses to the question. Only the mount holes will change. The mount hole pattern is shown in the installation manual, page 1404 of the AD revision.

Sorry to differ, but the 470 dSub and antenna connection are on one side and the 472 has those connections on two different sides.  Envision this.  Hold the 470 with the dSub and the antenna in the down orientation.  In the same orientation, the 472 connections would be: dSub to the left and and the antenna connection to the right.
Also, the 470 "box" dimensions are approximately 7" x 4.5" x 1.1" in outside dimensions.  The 472 is is approximately 2.79" x 4.10" x .97" in outside dimensions.

Thanks

This is hardly a catastrophe. Unless you didn't make your harness with any service loop, I guess.

Northernliving

I love flying!
I’m using a Dynon Skyview touch with a 262 transponder and the 472 ADS-B. Traffic and weather seems fine. I use Seattle Avionics FlyQ EFB on my iPad. Traffic and weather work fine on the Skyview. When connected my i[ad to the Skyview via wifi I get GPS and ADS-B Traffic data fine, but NO weather at ALL. I’ve been back and forth with Seattle Avionics, and the can’t see to find the problem, so thought I would check to see if others are having a similar issue?

caummisar

If its going to be a while before I get a replacement 472 for my 470, does Dynon have a dummy 472 box I can get so I can move ahead with my build?  I have to change or re-build the antenna cable and dSub connector and it would be nice to have a box to mount and connect to while waiting....even a returned early 472 would help.

The connection to the 470 is the same as the 472, based on prior Dynon responses to the question. Only the mount holes will change. The mount hole pattern is shown in the installation manual, page 1404 of the AD revision.

Sorry to differ, but the 470 dSub and antenna connection are on one side and the 472 has those connections on two different sides.  Envision this.  Hold the 470 with the dSub and the antenna in the down orientation.  In the same orientation, the 472 connections would be: dSub to the left and and the antenna connection to the right.
Also, the 470 "box" dimensions are approximately 7" x 4.5" x 1.1" in outside dimensions.  The 472 is is approximately 2.79" x 4.10" x .97" in outside dimensions.

Thanks

This is hardly a catastrophe.  Unless you didn't make your harness with any service loop, I guess.

Not a catastrophe, just a convenience. I have not riveted the skin over the instruments yet and its much easier to get the ADSB box now. Don't want to lay on my back to re-install....

mr.sun

Configuring ADSB 472 and GPS 2020 troubles

I've installed the ADSB and GPS and Xponder in my 14 yr old RV7. Have had Dual Skyviews for quite a while working before I decided to upgrade. Kept my old GPS 250 as a backup. Got it all wired and found that I do not have power to either of the GPS antenna inputs (Orange wire). I thought I had mis-identified the color since the orange coming out of the Skyview looks kind of brown, but I found the real brown wire and the GOS wire indeed looks orange next to it. Ideas.? Greg

mr.sun

If I can't get power out of the orange wire of the Skyview, anything wrong with just supplying them 12 power off the avionics buss ? I would rather not.... Greg

Garrett

I love flying!
Make sure the orange wire pin 29 is pushed all the way in position. Also checked power input on pin 1,20,21,22. Hope that helps.

tomg

RV9-A, O-320, Dual Dynon Skyview, ADSB
Just another Pirep on the 472 replacement. Did an hour cross country flight this past weekend and did not have any drop outs which I had with the previous unit. I did have a few ghosting events that indicated traffic right at my altitude and location but disappeared in 5 seconds or so. They really get your attention and first reaction is to look around just to be sure. From what I can tell, the ghosting seems to appear when I initially got picked up by ATC radar.

Nice Job Dynon on getting this right. :)

carlp101

Smoke me a kipper. I'll be back for breakfast!
FYI UK Pilots.

I've just fitted a SV-ADSB-472 in my Europa with a standard transponder monopole antenna and flown within the range of the TIS-B and FIS-B test transmission down near Goodwood. It's looking good (see pic)!

Attachments

• screenshot-G_URMS-SN22098-15_3_3_4688-20180716-192712-167-en_US.png
    screenshot-G_URMS-SN22098-15_3_3_4688-20180716-192712-167-en_US.png
    710.1 KB · Views: 165

phudes

I love flying!
I am new to this board. I just tried to order an ADSB 472 and was told that the item is not available.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
They're available but are backordered at times as we get back up to speed after having an outage for a while over the last year (the product had a problem that we needed to solve with some engineering - it created a backlog). I think we may not have reactivated it on our online store. Give our sales team a call at 425-402-0433 to chat with them about availability.

tboyett

I love flying!
I’m using a Dynon Skyview touch with a 262 transponder and the 472 ADS-B.  Traffic and weather seems fine.  I use Seattle Avionics FlyQ EFB on my iPad.  Traffic and weather work fine on the Skyview.  When connected my i[ad to the Skyview via wifi I get GPS and ADS-B Traffic data fine, but NO weather at ALL.  I’ve been back and forth with Seattle Avionics, and the can’t see to find the problem, so thought I would check to see if others are having a similar issue?

Very same issue here.  Were you ever able to resolve?  So far the only thing I was told to try was to put the iPad into airplane mode but it made no difference.  Flyq is still sourcing the ADSB weather from the internet.

Thanks,
Tom

Raymo

I love aviation!
Flew yesterday for the first time with the 472. Traffic and weather were showing on Foreflight but traffic was not consistently displayed on either. Some planes were nearby at less than 5000' difference and would show sporadically.

It was nice to finally see everything in Foreflight but hoping for further improvements to traffic display. It was much more consistent with the 470. I wonder if it is related to direct reception of 1090 MHz and having a bottom mounted IN antenna.