Pocket FMS

Bruno

Hi Ron
         I tried again with the same results on the desktop..

I downloading Aerodata on my IPAD as I write this so I should have an idea soon how it goes..

I also posted a message on the forum ( Thanks for the link ) and should get a reply soon.

Thanks

Bruno

mmarien

Murray M.
I'm going to wade in on the PocketFMS discussion. I downloaded the 30 day trial and was a little disappointed that two of the local airports near CYXE were missing. I did a nearest on Skyview with the Jeppesen data and compared that with the PocketFMS on my computer. I contacted Pocket FMS and got a reply from Ron. They updated the AeroData within 24 hours but also looked through the database for similar situations. I was pretty pleased with the response and quick update although I had to wait for the regular cycle for the update for Skyview.

I was confident enough that I purchased the membership and used it to plan a three day cross country trip. When I converted it to GPX and loaded the route into my GPS495 I found three airports that Garmin (Jeppesen) doesn't have. Plus all the VRPT aren't in the Jeppesen data. The real bonus was that a lot more of airports, including grass strips, show up on synthetic vision that weren't there before. This is the first time I seen a grass strip. It's missing the mud hole on the east end but is pretty accurate otherwise.

EGT1.jpg