Skyview Wish List

Marc_J._Zeitlin

No, pitch is not the same as AOA. Pitch is a specific pitch attitude, while AoA varies based on a number of different factors. Pitch is a commonly used mode of the pt. 121 aircraft I fly, and is completely different/separate from any speed-related modes.
So, what's the outside reference for the pitch attitude? Ground? Flight Path (which would be AOA, so probably not)? And what's the aircraft reference - the "zero" incidence line of the EFIS? IOW, what are the two lines that are used to measure the pitch angle?

Certainly sounds like the information is in the EFIS to do what you're asking... - just another parameter to close the loop on. And I agree that the IAS mode is a bit "hunty" - more in climb than in descent, for some reason, at least on my plane with the HDX A/P.

BradThePilot

So, what's the outside reference for the pitch attitude? Ground? Flight Path (which would be AOA, so probably not)? And what's the aircraft reference - the "zero" incidence line of the EFIS? IOW, what are the two lines that are used to measure the pitch angle?

Certainly sounds like the information is in the EFIS to do what you're asking... - just another parameter to close the loop on. And I agree that the IAS mode is a bit "hunty" - more in climb than in descent, for some reason, at least on my plane with the HDX A/P.

It’s simply referenced to the horizon as shown by the PFD.

cbailey

Came up with a couple more items for the wish list.

Virtual DME support for Avidyne and Garmin Navigators. Should be easy, but I know someone here will give a detail reason why it can’t be done. It should.

Have the airport diagram automatically pop up on the MFD during landing rollout after slowing to a defined ground speed. Other displays and apps do.

Carlton

362PC

High Density Altitude warnings... not that I have personally run into any concerns with this but being able to set a color value to the DA window when on the ground/not moving and possibly a separate value when descending or tied to AGL. just like we have warning colors for high temps/rpms seems like this would be helpful.

362PC

Have the airport diagram automatically pop up on the MFD during landing rollout after slowing to a defined ground speed. Other displays and apps do.
If you are in the map view and map control is selected on any rotating knob you can press and hold to get the airport plate to pop up.

Danerazz

Certified CWS button
Certified wifi
Certified twin-engine engine monitoring not required on a dedicated screen (this is a big one: would completely change my panel layout capabilities. Big G can display everyth8ng on one screen. Not sure why I have to have a dedicated screen for Dynon)

AndiK

I love flying!
Hello All,

I just flew some instrument approaches with my dual SkyView system and would love to see preferable an approach plate embedded map view or a map / plate split view. They should be to scale and also show ADSB traffic.

Thanks

Andi

362PC

I just flew some instrument approaches with my dual SkyView system and would love to see preferable an approach plate embedded map view or a map / plate split view. They should be to scale and also show ADSB traffic.
already possible... check page 149 and 150 of "SkyView_HDX_Pilots_Users_Guide-Rev_K"

Marc_J._Zeitlin

already possible... check page 149 and 150 of "SkyView_HDX_Pilots_Users_Guide-Rev_K"
The UG is up to Rev. L now. Referencing a chapter and page # within that chapter would be more useful, as different PDF readers label pages differently.

And I don't think that you're correct - I don't believe there's any way to overlay the plate on top of the map (which is what I believe @AndiK was asking for, and which Foreflight can do) OR any way to have a split MAP/Plate view on one screen, since the plate is shown on the split map page, and you can't have two map pages up on the same screen.

What _I_ do with two HDXs, to get around these contraints, is to have a PFD/Plate on the left screen, and a MAP/Engine on the right screen. Not quite as good as Foreflight's overlay on the iPad, but more than good enough.