Software Update v16

Stevec

Let’s just hope the promised ability to turn off ES output is there so that I can turn on my transponder here in NZ. Unfortunately we are still struggling to get the non TSO certified equipment approved here.

DBRV10

Stevec

The transponder is certified. CASA are normally far worse than your CAA, who are far more FAA aligned. That is outrageous, almost to the point I don't believe you.

I think I would turn it on regardless! :)

Stevec

Well unfortunately it's the truth. The transponder is a level1 capable of full IFR. Because its connected to the Dynon I have to have a certified encoder connected to the D1000. However because the 250 GPS is connected to the D1000 the Transponder is reduced to level3 meaning it can't be used in controlled airspace. After breaking all this good news to me they then said, actually don't turn it on at all otherwise you will receive a letter warning you that your ES data does not meet requirements. I have been told that v16 enables you to turn off ES. We are still waiting to hear if the 2020 GPS is going to be acceptable and if there is likely to be an improvement on level3 with it otherwise I have an expensive unusable Adsb system. I just hope Dynon will talk some sense into them

DBRV10

You would think they would be glad you had a reliable ADSB out unit. Some people in these "authorities" are just bullies, and so far behind the time the only way they can demonstrate relevance at work is to behave like they do.

jakej

Well unfortunately it's the truth. The transponder is a level1 capable of full IFR. Because its connected to the Dynon I have to have a certified encoder connected to the D1000. However because the 250 GPS is connected to the D1000 the Transponder is reduced to level3 meaning it can't be used in controlled airspace. After breaking all this good news to me they then said, actually don't turn it on at all otherwise you will receive a letter warning you that your ES data does not meet requirements. I have been told that v16 enables you to turn off ES. We are still waiting to hear if the 2020 GPS is going to be acceptable and if there is likely to be an improvement on level3 with it otherwise I have an expensive unusable Adsb system. I just hope Dynon will talk some sense into them
Steve,
I‘ve sent you a pm.

vlittle

Oh boy. I need to make a panel decision this month for my third build. I have been (more than) a loyal customer for 16+ years, including developing several custom avionics modules for the SkyView system and assisting many other builders. I've been looking at Advanced Panels to do a turnkey build for me, but there are critical missing SV features, specifically:

1: no support for uAvionics TailBeaconX (for mode-S diversity, recommended for non-US operations).
2. Not enough serial ports. Five is not enough to support the Advanced ACM, transponder, GPS-2020, ADSB-472, Panel GPS, ELT, COM (that's seven for those counting). By using a third-party transponder transponder/encoder, I could gain one port. By not using the ECB version of the ACM, I could gain another port. I still don’t get the extra serial port I need for driving my backseat EFIS or the OnSpeed box. Ideally, a new box to support serial port expansion would be a benefit, or the option to split the serial ports between displays .
3. Lack of third-party integration. See point 1, along with other examples documented on this site.

Turns out that AFS can handle all of these issues with their EFISs, but at a cost. A second $4000 display is required for the additional serial ports required. Using an ACM with a single display is just not practical.

For the simple bushplane that I'm currently building, I don't need two expensive, heavy EFIS displays. So if I can't crack this nut with SkyView, I need to look elsewhere.

Vern

chriscalandro

What Tailbeacon support are you looking for? It's a passive device and doesn't do ADSB in? What is there to integrate?

kellym

I love flying!
What Tailbeacon support are you looking for? It's a passive device and doesn't do ADSB in? What is there to integrate?
The diversity version is NOT passive. You have to control the transponder with AV-20 or AV30 mini efis, for setting squawk, ident, etc. all the old Mode C functions.