Software Update v16

awmuhs@aol.com

The previous Question went unanswered and we still haven’t seen version 16. I would love to be able to lightning on my Skyview and my wifi connected IPAD. Any hints on when we might see version 16?

sunfish

I love flying!
I’m starting to get the feeling that Experimental and LSA might be becoming “the poor relation” now that Dynon has gone certified.

DBRV10

I’m starting to get the feeling that Experimental and LSA might be becoming “the poor relation” now that Dynon has gone certified.

Not at all.

I cant say what I do and when and why, but lets just say that there are some upgrades coming to the experimental software (which I have been testing) that will be the direct result of the certified work.

Be careful in what you believe....tomatoes will kill you ya know.

sunfish

I love flying!
Just wondering how much covid-19 has interfered with the timing of the next software update?

Then of course there is the bigger question of how Dynon is travelling? I hope everyone at Dynon is OK.

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
It's definitely slowed down everything a bit, but we're still trucking along. It took us a few weeks to reconfigure to work from home, but we're firing on all cylinders again. v16 is still coming soon, don't have a firm date.

DBRV10

Lawrence told me soon back when he asked me to Beta test the AP software changes......so I hope the new soon is a much smaller version of his soon :cool:

Any idea.....like 1-3 months 2-4, 3-6....rough guess even?

preid

Was it ever determined if v16 is doing anything for those with classic and non HDX? If I recall most of the updates were for the HDX only.
I assume changes to what’s being released may have occurred since that September review?
other than the AP fine tuning, any chance of getting what v16 is even going to offer?

JTD

Was watching a Utube vidio on HDX and noticed that they had traffic overlayed on an approach plate. Is this posable with classic Skyview

kurtfly

I love flying!
Lightning is visible on connected devices if the application supports it. I have seen it in Foreflight.
I have a skyview 1000T w/ ADS-472 and ForeFlight. I am unable to get lightning data to display on Foreflight Tablet? It is selected. Once I land and connect to the Internet it display lightning. Never seen lightning product in flight when connected to SV WiFi. What could be wrong?
Thanks,
Kurt

CRW

I love flying!
Yes, that behavior is common to both models.
I am not seeing traffic on approach plates (I have SV Classic). Is it required to increase the transparency of the plate in order to see the traffic through the plate?

Best regards,
Chuck

porterjames

I love flying!
16.0 software update is hoped to be released in July/August 2020.
Classic Skyview displays will allegedly be supported in this update.

preid

Is there any chance Santa will release a new version of firmware this year, maybe even for Christmas?
maybe even a list of the good things planned in the North Pole, ( north of California in Seattle anyway)?
I know this is a huge update, based on the last year of waiting, but how close are we looking at all the refinements to AP and other?