The New SkyView - Featuring SkyView Touch

flaude

could imagine that one days all this could be certified?

Garmin could go to bed!

K

KRviator

G'day Dynon,

On reading TheNewSkyview website, it shows the autopilot panel can control a two-axis trim system, but a couple of posts above indicate it is capable of auto-trim, suggesting if the autopilot is getting towards the high end of the torque band, it will automatically apply appropriate trim inputs to lessen the load on the servo.

Is this correct?

Additionally, does the trim controller work for those of us that have their trim systems connected through a VP-X?

I might need to get a new panel cut to deal with the new modules now, dammit.

benzh

I love flying!
Awesome! Was going to go steam gauges, but this completely changed my mind.

benzh

I love flying!
The ability to show "steam gauges" was key. My son will learn to fly without all the gadgets, then after he gets his ticket, I'll be glad he as an AI, traffic, weather, autopilot level, etc.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Are there plans to make a 7" version in the future for those of us that only have that model?

We don't currently have plans for a 7" touchscreen product. Touch can already be a challenge on a 10" screen and making touch buttons big enough to be useful. The reduction of buttons and things like the keyboard to be 30% smaller (which is 1/2 the area) can make it much harder to use on a 7" screen.

We are happy to keep considering this if the interest is there.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
On reading TheNewSkyview website, it shows the autopilot panel can control a two-axis trim system, but a couple of posts above indicate it is capable of auto-trim, suggesting if the autopilot is getting towards the high end of the torque band, it will automatically apply appropriate trim inputs to lessen the load on the servo.

Additionally, does the trim controller work for those of us that have their trim systems connected through a VP-X?

KRv,
The AP controller is not auto trim right now. That's a clear path for the product in the future, and the hardware is there, but the software is currently not.

The trim controller is a full replacement for the features in a product like the VP-X. If you use the Dynon trim controller, you would disconnect all trim functions from the VP-X.

alpinestar

Will release 10 support outputs of any sort, particularly an airspeed triggered open/close circuit? about to install an AE airspeed switch and relay in the usual manner to have a 2-speed trim system... would like to skip some of the hardware and plumbing if possible. I'm aware of the new AP control unit but I don't have panel space or need for it in my simple plane.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
SkyView does not have any hardware to drive a device like you describe. The airspeed is sent out on the RS-232 port, so it is possible to use a micro-controller to read this serial stream and then do what you want.

You could hide the AP controller behind your panel if all you want it for is an awesome trim controller ;)

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
I know a lot of you will be in Lakeland next week, but if you won't be there to get an in-person demo of SkyView Touch, here's a quick video we put together:

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAPCw1IH_yY[/media]

(it looks best if you see the full version over on YouTube)

Bruno

'' Mark & Quote Quote
South wrote on Mar 23rd, 2014 at 3:49pm:
Are there plans to make a 7" version in the future for those of us that only have that model?

We don't currently have plans for a 7" touchscreen product. Touch can already be a challenge on a 10" screen and making touch buttons big enough to be useful. The reduction of buttons and things like the keyboard to be 30% smaller (which is 1/2 the area) can make it much harder to use on a 7" screen.

We are happy to keep considering this if the interest is there''
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Any chance that there might be a Trade-In program for us using the 7'' screen at a decent price?

If yes, I will be very interested plus I will also purchase the Engine monitor with all the sensors which I don't have right now  so more money for Dynon... ;D

Bruno

N941WR

Is there any chance the new software will allow me to display the EMS data in a strip along the bottom and split the other two screens above it in 50/50, 33/66, and 66/33 format? That would be great for us single screen users!

Dynon

Dynon Staff
Staff member
The first major part of The New SkyView has been released: SkyView 10 software is now available for download for all SkyView systems. SkyView 10 includes some of our most exciting new features yet, like six-pack flight instrument mode, VFR and IFR enroute charting, twin and large engine support, and more. SkyView 10 also has support for SkyView Touch and the Knob and Autopilot Control Panels, both of which are expected to be available in April.

As always, updated documentation is available, with red-line versions that capture the changes since 7.1. There’s a full set of release notes that details every feature, improvement, and bug fix.

If you’re a US customer and have a Seattle Avionics ChartData subscription, SkyView 10 adds the ability to overlay Sectionals and IFR Lo/High en-route charts on the map. Your $99 yearly subscription already includes it - another perk of choosing Dynon - but you’ll need an updated data manager that will download them. (The datamanager usually auto-updates, but the release that supports Dynon charts hasn’t made it there yet.)

Finally, if you have our SV-XPNDR-261 or SV-XPNDR-262, there is a new service bulletin that may apply to you. Although it mostly applies to aircraft that have both our transponder AND an IFR GPS, please read it thoroughly to ensure that your ADS-B Out capability is in compliance with requirements.

dougnlina

I love flying!
Being involved in two aircraft, both of which use two each 7" screens, here is four votes for some sort of touch screen on the seven inchers...

Bruno

''here is four votes for some sort of touch screen on the seven inchers...''
------------------
Here's one more vote....

Bruno

keye

And +2 votes for the 7" touchscreen (I've got two displays, so I get two votes, right?). I don't have room for the 10" display. After using the touchscreen on my iPhone in flight, the 7" display would be like typing on a 50" t.v. screen.

turbopilot

Looking through Skyview Touch documentation I see a full key pad input to control the transponder.

However, there is no screen shot showing a similar keypad input to control the SV-COM-C25. Is there one? Can the SV-COM-C25 be operated completely by the Skyview Touch panel? Will the SV-COM-C25 operate in no control panel is installed?

N941WR

Is there any chance the new software will allow me to display the EMS data in a strip along the bottom and split the other two screens above it in 50/50, 33/66, and 66/33 format? That would be great for us single screen users!

OK, I see in the updated manual this is not available in this release but will it be available in a future release? This would be a big deal for those with a single screen.