I will be happy to look into this, but I have had no reports of this via the normal support channels until now. I will need some help to determine what is going on that will take some data gathering from you if you are willing to assist. It would help if I could get diagnostic files immediately after one of the events you describe with the exact zulu time and if possible the N number of the disappearing target so we can look to see if we filtered it or try to determine the reason it disappeared. I will need to determine if the target is a 1090 direct target, TIS, or ADSB. I do know that a target that disappears from the data coming from the module will be coasted or kept on the screen for 12 seconds before being removed from the screen with the intent another radar sweep may pick the target back up, in which case we will keep it on screen if it comes back in the data. I suspect the Ipad apps just continue to coast the target despite having no real way to predict where it actually is. In this case, bad data is no better than no data as see and avoid is still primary for traffic separation.
If you can get me some data, I will be happy to see what we can find out and make corrections if needed.