what's next

jc2da

Bugs Mode Suggestion

I wish there was a better way to select what bug i want to control with a joystick. I normally fly with all 3 screens in view, thus, one of the knobs is always assigned to the map. Thus, all my other bugs are controlled with a single knob. It might take me 6 to 8 joystick clicks and button pushes just to set the barometer, which is pretty annoying.

I wish there was a button to go into a mode where each bug is assigned a button. Thus, i can change the barometer with just 2 button pushes instead of 6 to 8 would be great.

preid

So 3.3 is tentative planned for the beginning of Febuary. Among the features within it, tentatively:

-User waypoints (created and stored within Skyview, import and export supported)
-Improved alerting with audio
-Improved map UI
-Support for search/nearest/info of visual reporting points, when they're in the loaded data (more news on alternate navigation data sources dropping VERY SOON now)
-Virtual VOR
-Rotax "mode" (that automatically adjusts rpm and oil redlines dynamically based on oil temp, just like the D10/D100 series)
-More info items on the map page
-Other random goodies

Note that any of the above can get cut from the update for a variety of reasons, and others can find their way in, but that's what we're looking towards at the moment.

Dynon Support;
How is the progress on the next release? Is it on schedule for February? has anything changed from the Dec 13 update?
Thank you!

preid

Support;
I assume with Sebring that the demo displays where showing the next release?
Any updates on what to expect?
Thank you!

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
They weren't (we're running a little behind on this release - we don't yet have a date projection firmed up), but the short list of features that it will include are:

-A real user waypoints system (SkyView-based creation, as well as import/export)
-Audio alerting, and improved visual alerting
-Altitude alerter
-Rotax 912 special RPM/Oil temperature behaviors (like our first generation products)
-More map info items
-A generally revamped and improved Mapping UI
-Better support for visual reporting points (mainly for Europeans, who really need this data)

jakej

-Better support for visual reporting points (mainly for Europeans, who really need this data)[/quote]

DS - & us down south too, please :D

Jake J

Ham_Goulding

Delighted with details of Feb update, it will make the system much more flexible and will be much appreciated. But please keep Height AGL on your list for the following update. What is more basic to know that your height above the ground beneath you? Many Restricted and Danger areas in France are defined by height AGL.

beno

I would also like AGL altitute. Many TMAs are limited to 1000ft AGL, and that indiciation would be realy helpfull.

I am wondering, why is there so little interest in that AGL. Implementing it is by my understanding fairly simple.

mmarien

Murray M.
Height AGL is already shown on the map page. If the restriction is 1000ft AGL and the terrain shown on the map page is yellow (1000ft AGL) or red (<100ft AGL) you're busting the TMA zone. I don't know if these limits are modifiable in the settings. A better idea would be to show the control zones as 3D transparent objects on synthetic vision. It would be easy to see if you outside or inside a control zone and they would be easy to avoid. Just like the terra firma and other objects shown in synthetic vision.

Having said that, unless you have some sort of radar, AGL on the Skyview is just an approximation from the DEM (digital elevation model). I don't think it's accurate enough to fly by although it looks ready nice on the map and synthetic vision.

ClassC.jpg

airnet

Hi!

Little off topic, but on the picture above I see % of MAP. How to get this to apeear on the screen. I need this for Rotax engine. Is this % in accordance with Rotax MAP/RPM/kW chart? Thanks.

BR, Iztok

Dw1oakes

I have not ordered the Sv as of yet. If the USB port is on the back of the unit, what about a way to put the USB port on the front of the panel. Has this been as issue to users?
Thanks
Dave

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Height AGL is already shown on the map page.

Note that that is not AGL, but GPS altitude (with respect to it's notion of "zero altitude" reference, which I forget how you describe in a very technical sense). So it should be similar, but not exactly the same as baro altitude.

TRCsmith

Haven't followed much lately. So is there a flight planning software out there to do a flight plan at home and then load it through the USB on Skyview? :D  :D

mmarien

Murray M.
Little off topic, but on the picture above I see % of MAP. How to get this to apeear on the screen. I need this for Rotax engine. Is this % in accordance with Rotax MAP/RPM/kW chart? Thanks.

airnet

The % is %power, one of the computed functions. I just placed it in the MAP sensor because of the limited space. :)

mmarien

Murray M.
Note that that is not AGL, but GPS altitude (with respect to it's notion of "zero altitude" reference, which I forget how you describe in a very technical sense). So it should be similar, but not exactly the same as baro altitude.

The AGL I was referring to was the terrain shown in yellow on the map page which is altitude - ground level. I didn't pick a good example picture. At the edge of the yellow area you would be 1000' AGL. Any other place within the yellow area would be less then 1000' AGL.

Ham_Goulding

Showing, as it does, whether you are above or below 1'000ft is a long way from displaying your height AGL. To use French example again many areas have their tops at 2'800ft AGL. It would be great if you could read that directly.

beno

Dynon Support - do you have any more info about AGL altitude status. I would guess, skyview internally already have it, so it is needed more or less only display of it. Or I am wrong?

I assume AGL is low priority at Dynon, partly because there is not a high demand for it in this forum. However, I am sure, everybody would be happy to read AGL directly in upper limited TMA, especialy in non flat terrain.

Please Dynon, if it is realy easy to implement, do it. Make a great product even better.

Cloudhopper

I love flying!
Here are some other suggestions I haven't seen mentioned yet...
1. Way points shown on SV display
2. Flight director
3. What class of airspace am I in?
4. When map page is off, indicate traffic data status on Sv page
5. Vertical decent profile to final way point.
6. Sl40 radio tuning