what's next

woneill

On MAP page show runway extension lines for a short distance from the airport symbol.

ggerhardt

On MAP page show runway extension lines for a short distance from the airport symbol.
Ditto this request. I'm not flying with my Dynon, yet, but I've found this feature useful on other systems.

Actually, what I'd like is the runway extensions and a box around the runway that would outline a typical VFR traffic pattern box (possibly user settable distance parallel from the runway for the up/downwind sections and cross/base sections).

Geoff

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
No further info on an AGL number at the moment. It is on the feature list, though.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
It's looking like the beginning of March, though we're not yet ready to peg a particular date since we're still finishing up development.

bbtapb

One of the features I really like in the Garmin handheld GPS units is the descent planning... VERTICAL SPEED TO DESTINATION assuming TPA for airports.   

(current alt - wpt.TPA)/minutes-to-wpt

When I see that get to 500 (or as the GPS alerts me) the descent timing is perfect.  I just leave the trim where it is and pull back the power to match the prescribed descent rate.. very effective.

lindsayj

Here's a vote for geo referenced NACO approach plates and taxi diagrams on the map. Ideal for me would be displays and features similar to those found in the Pocket Plates Pro software by Anywhere Map, which I've been using for years to help me get there in my RV-8A. I know from Robert's recent post it's in the plan, but thought a vote might help. Doesn't change my votes for coupled vertical guidance in the Autopilot though. ;) Thanks...Jack L.

mmarien

Murray M.
I second the winder tapes. Could you make them wider also. They just don't stick out like they do on round gauges. Making them a little wider may help.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
We had a request for wider colors on the tapes a while ago, so it's actually going to be in 3.3 which will be out shortly.

shenweas

I love flying!
I would like to see vertical guidance to the AP in approach mode. Also high on the list is synthetic vision approaches and synthetic vision approches to non-IFR approach runways.

airguy

My wishlist, in order of importance:

VNAV - autopilot coupling to VNAV guidance from certified IFR GPS or glideslope receiver
ADSB weather/traffic
Nav/Comm radio
Airspeed-hold mode

We greatly appreciate the terrific job Dynon is doing in offering a great product to the experimental market - now go back to work and get us some more great stuff!! :cool:

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
My wishlist, in order of importance:

VNAV - autopilot coupling to VNAV guidance from certified IFR GPS or glideslope receiver
ADSB weather/traffic
Nav/Comm radio
Airspeed-hold mode

We greatly appreciate the terrific job Dynon is doing in offering a great product to the experimental market - now go back to work and get us some more great stuff!!  :cool:

Ack :) Thanks!

nigelspeedy

First up great product and keep up the good work with the constant upgrades.

1. I would like to see the transponder ADS-B software upgrade. I deliberately went with the Dynon transponder as it was advertised as ADS-B. I figured I would just need an ADS-B reciever to then show ADS-B traffic, even if on another display (i.e. an ipad hooked up to skyradar/navworx). The way things are to get ADS-B traffic you effectively need another tansponder.
2. Vertical coupling of the autopilot for ILS & LPV approaches.
3. More serial ports. It is real easy to fill up all five serial ports and still want extras for nice to haves like weather and traffic. Is there any chance of using the rear mounted USB ports as inputs. For example a skyradar unit talks to an ipad via bluetooth. How about a bluetooth USB plug to screw into the back of the skyview.
4. Vertical navigation in flight plans. i.e. the ability to asign each leg an altitude, if only for reference but with the idea that the autopilot could fly it.
5. I like the 'virtual VOR' idea for additional SA during VFR approaches to airports but it would be better if you could select the runway threshold (like the Chelton certified units do) rather than the aerodrome reference point.
6. Highway in the sky & show waypoints as a 'tethererd balloon' on the synthetic vision with the ballon height as per the flight plan vnav setting for that leg.

Cheers

lindsayj

I have entered several posts asking for VNAV capable of coupling with glideslopes. To clarify: what I really want is an Approach mode in the Auto Pilot. Approach mode at least enables intercepting (from an existing Heading) GPS approach courses, ILS localizers including back course, VOR radials, and GPS and ILS GLIDE SLOPES with a much higher degree of accuracy than our wonderful existing enroute SkyView Nav and Alt Hold AP. Take for example, S-TEC 55 and 55X systems. Is this the sort of direction you're going with your Auto Pilot improvement strategy? Thanks for answering and thanks for all you're doing for us. Jack L.

Brantel

Hook it up to a 430w or similar and it will already do all of that with the exception of the GS coupling....

I doubt Dynon will ever do this without the need for an certified external navigator like the Garmin panel mounts.

nigelspeedy

I too would like to see GPS derived height above ground level:
GPS Altitude - Terrain elevation = GPS AGL. The system already has these two values so no extra data is required. Add a suitable filter to smooth it a little. I have this feature on the Chelton flight logic system I fly and it is a nice substitute for a radar altimeter. I would like to see it as an optional widget on the map page. Far more useful than GPS altitude. Like a lot of things it will have some limitations but if you understand them and use it with some consideration it would be helpful.

preid

Support;
Any progress on what the current list of priorities are for the next release?
Thanks!