what's next

preid

Support;
Any status if we may see a new release within the next month? still same list as mentioned above, any changes, removal, additions?
Just returned from a trip around the country, Skyviews and the autopilot were fantastic! I did wish I saw the roads and mapping features that are mentioned above. Also hope that the autopilot improvements may include a "tracking" to the magenta (GPS) line. In one case I was diverted 2 miles for traffic/weather, right now if I chose NAV it takes a B line to the line when AP is reengaged whereas a track to intercept it would be much better. I know it does this once on the line and it does it very nicely to adjust for the crosswinds.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The features detailed in post #122 above should be out just after we get back from Oshkosh.

johnsteichen

Vertical g/s capture of the autopilot for me is the BIG missing item.
A check list function also is missing its not in my GTN750 nor my Foreflight

woneill

FWIW you can put it into Foreflite using the new DOCUMENTS feature that came out in v4 I believe. Works quite well. Write out your xlist in .PDF format and import into DOCUMENTS.

DennisW

I am hoping that this new update will correct the unacceptable response to a failure of the EMS. Currently such a failure kills the entire display.

preid

What is the response to a failure? When does it occur? boot-up?
First thought is from post #122 2) Improved SkyView Network Redundancy, with detection and annunciation of wiring or electrical problems, and in-flight failover to a backup network (that you've already wired if you have a SkyView system)

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Dennis had a unique failure in his EMS that did prevent other modules from working. This failure occurred with a software upgrade if I remember right, not in flight.

This will be one of the failures that is protected against with the redundancy we are adding in the next release.

DennisW

My failure was a infant mortality problem. I have never seen the report if a failure analysis was done. The day I had my plane inspected by the FAA, my EMS-220 failed and when it did, the network was shutdown by the system. My ADAHRS was functioning properly, but I had three big Xs on my displays. I received a new EMS the very next day, but it was still an unacceptable response to a failure. I have been waiting for the update that corrects this issue. As far as I know, it can still happen.

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
The next release (which solves this issue) should be out just after we get back from Oshkosh.

preid

Mentioned under #122 "1) Autopilot performance enhancements. We continue to be committed to fielding the best autopilot possible".-
what will we see in improvements to the autopilot in 3.4?
Thx

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
Mostly under the hood stuff, but two major things have been fixed which have affected customers:

-G-limiter activation due to vibration, which results in poor altitude hold performance. Now you'll get an ADAHRS VIBRATION warning if the ADARHS detects abnormal Gs cased by vibration, which can affect AP performance.
-Altitude being held at an offset from the bug value.

lindsayj

Now that the moving map seems to be in control, I'm curious whether Low altitude Enroute charts and approach plates are on the list, and how far down they might be. Don't want to mess with weather and the advanced auto pilot priorities but natural evolution would include the charts and plates IMHO. Jack L ;)

Bruno

Hi Jake

''Low altitude Enroute charts and approach plates ''

It sure will be nice to have but an autopilot with VNAV capabilities will go a long way toward the useful factor for me .. :cool:

I could read the plate while the A/P flies the a/c in the soup...I'm getting lazy with age :-[

Bruno

jc2da

Feature Request to retain Heading Bug

Tagging this to an existing thread.

Currently, when enabling the TRK mode on the auto pilot, the heading bug disappears. However, i often fly with TRK mode and wish to retain the heading bug for various purposes of remembering different headings like for wind, etc.

Is there any way to retain the heading bug somehow? Only way to do this now is disabling the AP mode. This could be a user setting to keep both worlds happy. I hope it's a simple request.

Jae

dynonsupport

Dynon Technical Support
Staff member
There isn't a way to do this in the current implementation. We've considered it, but came to the conclusion that most people would end up more confused and would grab the wrong bug pretty often if they were both available. It's not a "never", but we're always trying to balance simplicity against "power".

skysailor

I would also like to retain the heading bug while in track mode. In the IFR system it is very common to have Approach Control have you fly your route to a fix followed by an assigned heading. I leave the heading bug on the heading as a reminder. Arriving at the last point, I simply change from track to heading mode on the autopilot. I would really like to retain this with the Dynon. I do not think of it as a "power user" feature. It is really a feature commonly used for anyone on IFR or VFR flight plans that use the aircraft for travel in the air traffic control system.

lindsayj

I think the heading bug is available in NAV mode which I use instead of track. Then if you want to go to the heading bug at a given fix, you just activate HDG. Am I missing something? :) Jack L.

flaude

I have just pass 20 hours last week in my RV7 going from paris to Grece and coming back. I must say that the skyview works extremely well but I also find some small problems.
Flying in Italy by exemple is going from VFR waypoint to VFR waypoint. They are not always in the charts. In you choose the pointer to find the good place it is just giving you an WP00015 and next WP00016. You can edit them but it maybe very long. You cannot edit them when they are in the flightplan and this is a pioty because the control will ask you "when will you be on Pidak" not when will be on WP 0015. I would also like to have a small keyboard that you could connect to the USB port to enter more easily all those datas before you fly.

But I must admit that it was a great pleasure to fly to Grece with my RV7 and the sky view and pocket FMS datas